TOPO brings a unique perspective to real estate drawing from our experiences founding and operating hospitality businesses. We create uncommon spaces where thoughtful design produces meaningful impacts for our tenants, partners, and community – while having fun along the way.
Our fully integrated team finds innovative real estate solutions for businesses seeking dynamic, attainable workspaces. We build relationships with best-in-class partners who share our passion for activating destinations and helping them thrive. We are proud of what we have already accomplished and excited for the opportunities ahead. We look forward to adding a Controller to contribute to our team
As the Controller, you will lead the accounting and reporting functions as we build upon and expand beyond our 20+ projects currently under management. This role reports to the VP of Finance.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring general adherence GAAP standards and regulatory requirements with a bias for how the results are being consumed by TOPO’s business leaders, investors, tax accountants, and auditing firms as appropriate
- Perform analyses of the various business entities and projects from a balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business and investor perspective
- Produce and present insightful financial reports in an accurate and timely manner which include actuals to budget, explaining variances as appropriate; audiences would be internal business leaders and external existing and prospective investors and lenders
- Treasury and cash management coordination among various operating and investment entities including cash flow forecasts to effectively manage cash balances and timing for liquidity needs
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including billing, cash receipts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, payroll, GL, and project accounting
- Drive process and system improvement activities by collaborating cross-functionally to optimize business efficiency and expense management
- Leverage and build upon the strengths of current accounting team members, help clarify roles and responsibilities, and set expectations and development goals to further individual and organizational objectives
Controls, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Develop, document, and maintain a system of accounting policies/procedures and business processes to insure and strengthen internal controls
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in a manner that outwardly reflects financial stewardship
- Collaborate with property/asset management leaders to manage and optimize insurance coverage for associated businesses, properties, and projects
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants while keeping line of sight to projected changes and elevating visibility as appropriate
We are looking for someone with:
- 7 years + of accounting experience with over 4 years in a supervisory or managerial role with proven work experience as Controller or Accounting Manager
- Real estate development and/or property management accounting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
- Excellent accounting software and report writing skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, priority setting, and delegation skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to both internal and external parties
- Demonstrated commitment to recruiting, mentoring, and retaining a diverse team
- Salary would be based on level of experience, between $110k and $140k annually.
And someone who embodies our core values:
- We act with integrity – With transparency and genuine intent, we communicate openly and honestly about our work with candor and respect.
- We take ownership – With courage, we step up, welcome challenges, and solve problems collaboratively. We do what we say we’ll do.
- We inspire growth – Through continuous teaching and learning, we develop ourselves and others, sharing experiences that elevate our work as a team. With long-term view, we care for our social and physical environments.
- We enjoy the day! – We celebrate our successes as a team and as individuals. We roll up our sleeves, providing encouragement and support.
Benefits of working at TOPO:
- 100% company sponsored medical plans for employees
- Voluntary dental & vision plans
- Voluntary medical, dental, and vision options for dependents
- Option of HSA with a company match
- Company sponsored long term disability
- Flexible PTO policy
- Referral bonus program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone stipend
- Weekly fresh veggie delivery
- Free healthy snacks at the office